Freezing Mist Early, Becoming Sunny For Our Wednesday – Mid Michigan

started by CathieU, January 16, 2019
2 replies to this discussion

We were under a freezing rain advisory Tuesday although freezing mist was what we got.  It began late in the morning and continued most of the day.  Many of the schools are closed today and areas just to our north received more rain than we did.  There wasn’t even enough in the gauge to measure.  The advisory expires at 10 AM and we should see some sun later today.

Our 9:30 AM temperature is 26.8°F (-3°C), the humidity is 77% and winds are from the NW at 8 mph.  The wind chill is 20°F (-7°C) and visibility is 10 miles.  The pressure is 30.15 in (1021.0 mb) and rising.  The sky is overcast.  Yesterday’s high was 31°F (-1°C) and the overnight low was 28°F (-2°C).  Averages for this date are 28°F / 16°C.  The record high for Jan. 16 is 55°F (13°C) set in 1949, and the record low is -17°F (-27°C) set in 1972.

DURAND / OWOSSO FORECAST:

Today
    A chance of snow and freezing drizzle before 10am. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a temperature falling to around 24 by 5pm. North northwest wind 8 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
    Tonight
    Partly cloudy, with a low around 16. North wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable.
    Thursday
    Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. South southeast wind 6 to 10 mph.
    Thursday Night
    A chance of snow before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Light and variable wind becoming west northwest 5 to 7 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Cathie, I did get out to feed my birds and critters this morning, but walking was still dicey. We got plenty of ice, but like you nothing to really measure in the gauge. Problem here is that we’re likely to get snow on top of that ice, so walking/driving is going to remain tricky for some time. Drat! Hope you don’t get a lot more of the freezing drizzle, mist stuff. The worst of winter!

same here. we hare getting 3 days of ice in a row. but I haven’t seen any sun,  in fact, I can’t remember the last time I saw the sun

Reply to Freezing Mist Early, Becoming Sunny For Our Wednesday – Mid Michigan

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?