Florida Weather

started by Tornadicx, February 5, 2018
46 replies to this discussion

Reporting from Seminole, Florida — Currently 73° with isolated boredom.

It looks like we’re already headed into Summer, here folks. (Without the intense thunderstorms, might I add. 😩 ) 

Remember, Florida has 3 seasons. Summer, Semi-Fall & Hurricane Season.

(Summer lasting the longest because it starts in February at times and ends in…uh…around…uh…October or something. )

Those 2 second cold fronts don’t count. 😂

Today’s forecast from Seminole, FL : HOT 🔥 & BORING. 👎

Summer in February. ☀☀☀

Welp! Florida weather continues to be boring as ever.. No rain or anything.. and to make matters worse we are going to be in the upper 80’s! So, there’s no much to update here.. just more of the same thing!

@tornadicx Shalena, how about you move to Oklahoma where you can experience four seasons in one single day?  Bring your family along.  #weirdweatherexp 😀

Oklahoma is MUCH more of an exciting place to live, Andy. 🙂 (Except it’s missing Hurricane Season.) I used to live in Tulsa in the 90’s.. Had a tornado, too!

Yeehawwww!!! Finally Florida has been seeing some amazing thunderstorms ! No more boredom!

It. Has. Arrived!

A TORNADO WATCH IS IN EFFECT FOR WEST CENTRAL FLORIDA UNTIL 6PM. 🙂

Waterspout was indicated/spotted at 2:51pm near Anna Maria Island, moving NE @ 40MPH! (A TORNADO WARNING WAS OFFICIALLY in effect!)

The wind picked up so fast, it almost reminded me of when Irma was approaching! 

#deprivedwxgeek

Well, I’ve been telling my family we’d get an Alberto soon and they’ve been laughing at me.

Now, we’re looking at “subtropical”  storm Alberto! It has begun!

#Alberto

Florida weather has been interesting. Sadly, 3 people have died from lightning strikes thus far.

Of course, not much is happening in my area because my storm luck is low… on the brightside, I’m lucky enough to still have a place to live ..

The weather here in Seminole has entered into a boring time period. The clouds are beautiful at night, especially the cumulonimbus ones with the lightning…but other than that, they don’t grow into anything.

Loving your Florida weather reports :>)

Thanks so much! @AmazedHuman — I’ve been considering updating on other parts of the state but unlike my mom, I dislike reporting on weather from other areas…especially when I’m envious!

..Still no rain here in Seminole..the only difference is instead of it just being hot & boring, it is now *EXTREMELY* hot & boring. I’m talking $2,000 electricity bill if you run the AC hot.. I mean, the kind of hot where 2 fans blowing on you at the same time are STILL not enough kind of hot!

On TOP of that, we have to wear masks out, (I get it, we need to stay safe) — but I sweat so much under the mask & it gets uncomfortable!

Of course I’m no meteorologist, so just off of past patterns — I’m assuming we will get some rain around the 4th Of July, (the irony) — which seems to be a trend, here. We shall see!

Okay, so apparently it RAINED here last night and of course I was sound asleep, so I missed it. I love the ambiance of a rainy night but I’m more of  a “storm during the day” kind of lady. I like observing the clouds, guessing whether the storms are strong/severe by the types of clouds & etc.. and IF by some weird chance there is rotation in one, (usually this happens with fronts & tropical systems) — I can clearly see it with the naked eye during the day.

Everything is more aesthetic at night, yet more dangerous. Anyways, hopefully it rains during the day soon. I used to LOVE day storms during school and also still love them even IF I am out and about. Cloudy skies..there are just something about them..and on a regular shmegular day, the least a girl can get is a good thunderstorm, right?

I call this the “Poker Faced Sky” because very little is happening and I just won my biggest game of poker! Beautiful, colors though!

— Seminole, FL.

I got home from a party about an hour ago! I got caught in the rain, coming out of the store between 3-5 o’clock in Pinellas Park, (I can’t remember!)

The point is, it rained!! (Maybe not in the way I wanted) ..but hey! Why complain?

I’m almost kicking myself for not taking pics but it’ll happen again. I hope everyone’s having an amazing and safe 4th weekend! 🙂

Welp! It is currently raining as it tends to do on the 4th of July, here. It was actually a pretty nice aesthetic. There aren’t any clouds visible at the moment and the Sun tried to peek out on the other side. Happy 4th everyone! ~

Edited.

(Sorry, had to remove.)

Edit out. 

(Sorry, had to remove.)

I’m currently multitasking.. I had to squeeze this in. —

Storms are getting fired up offshore and approaching the coast.  I’m not sure if we will see anything here in Seminole but there appears to be lots of activity, (more than yesterday) today. I said a little “prayer” for some storms today. I hope it’s answered. We could use a good little storm.

Edit: It looks like it rained *very* lightly here. There was some thunder about 10 mins ago that has now disappeared. 

Anyways, I have to pay attention to what I was doing now. I’ll post if anything else comes up. (As if anyone reads these. Lol). 

Beautiful Sunset at 8. 🌥

–Seminole, FL

Amazingly beautiful cumulonimbus, on the other side; 8:19pm…

–Seminole, FL

(Sorry, had to remove.)

The El Reno tornado

I must have watched thousands of videos on this tornado…It used to be a sensitive topic because I couldn’t hold tears in due to Tim Samaras..what a tragedy. At the same time, he died doing his passion, so I will say it was not in vain.

The El Reno seemed like it had a “mind of uts own” so to speak. It was like a GIGANTIC Whirldwind Octopus — VERY scary stuff, yet fascinating.

(Sorry, had to remove.)

It’s a miserable time for a weather geek to live in central Florida right now, especially in Seminole. It seems to me, the weather hotspots are either more south, north or more inland. If it weren’t for my family, I would consider moving back to Oklahoma….

There’s not much to update at the moment. Hopefully, we get some rain by the end of the week. <3

Even on those seemingly slow weather days, clouds chase me. But my revenge is sweet–I take their picture. 

Exactly, JJ. 🙂

We had some lightning strikes earlier without rain…and the Sun was out. 🤣

There was a rainbow, (I tried to turn up the Sat so you can see it) in St. Pete but it never rained here. 🙁 We need it.

It’s currently hot & thundering. Storms are trying to move in from St.Petersburg but I’m not sure if it will rain… this happens often.

I have a habit of sometimes not looking at radars…

It finally rained!! Our patterns seem to be back! 🙂

Edited out.

Edited out.

Edited out.

Isaias’ “Feeder bands” are moving through our area right now. (West central Florida). I remember being a kid & getting a kick out of the term “feeder bands” .. it always just sounded so silly to me. 😂

It looks like I’ve been missing a ton of chances to post on here about weather! It’s tough I missed posting about tracking Laura.

I had an EXTREMELY hard month. I had heart surgery  August 26th and watched the Weather Channel, Stephanie Abrams and Jim Cantore all week, from a hospital bed, reporting on Laura, though..

I thought she was gonna go Cat 5.

We still have a few more months to go but looks like my prediction from June is right so far.

Florida only sees a threat up the east coast and that’s it…

Oh yes!! The question came up, “What would you do if you won the lottery?” — My answer was that I would help people pay their bills and etc, spend a month or so at a Walt Disney World Resort, buy a home in Seattle, Washington and spend the rest of the money on tornado tours which run around $5,000.

I told people in the hospital if I could spend the rest of my life chasing tornadoes, then I would . Of course they think I’m wild but that’s okay. I have a passion for severe weather but especially tornadoes. 🌪️

I’m currently watching a TV show with 2 of my favorite storm chasers– Reed Timmer & Jim Cantore. It’s cool to see them together as this is the first time I have. Jim Cantore is chasing tornadoes with Reed, this has to be an old episode because Timmer’s missing the stache. 

As far as local weather goes, I’ve been watching a nice little storm moving towards Clearwater. It seems to have weakened though and what’s left of it is now hitting Clearwater. No incredible storms for us in Seminole so far… boo! Boring.. but ehh , at least dinner is almost ready. :p

Update: It’s funny how organic I am when it comes to my knowledge of certain storms. I’ve never had any classes or anything like that. Any knowledge I have about weather comes from me watching storms since childhood…And my “predictions” about local weather come from watching the sky..I should maybe look at radars more..

Anyways, this storm is now hitting things but it’s not a direct hit over us. I guess it’s better than nothing. Happy Labor Day, by the way!

Jim Cantore just said something that I think a lot of weather geeks and especially storm chasers hate but get all the time and that is the phrase, “Oh, so you WANT a tornado or a hurricane to hit?”

— In which Jim responded, “Are you kidding me?” — and I relate too well. I’ve been accused of hoping for a Catgeory 5 because severe weather fascinates me. Of course nobody wants anyone to get hurt. We are more excited by nature itself. If you aren’t a weather geek, you won’t understand.. but it’s never anything malicious.

There are currently some really strong storms moving through with a lot of lighning. So, I’m setting up my tri-pod, trying to get some amazing footage and my mom, (who is also a fellow weathergeek) goes,

Well, I hope you realize, lightning is attracted to your tripod and your phone.

I only got about 2 minutes of it. It rarely does this, here..to this extent, so of course I’m excited and in the moment will impulsively grab my phone and try to get what I can. I’m going to Google “lightning proof camera equipment” 🤣.

This storm we are watching seems to be moving a bit past us. She had me thinking the brunt of it was on the way. I’m not even looking at a radar and I could tell it was headed more towards Clearwater. They usually do that. Maybe I can try again next time.

It’s tough I couldn’t get footage of that weak tornado that came through here 2 years ago.

Update: The lightning is now playing with the electricity…or maybe it’s actually Kane from Poltergeist 2, wanting me to “Let him in!” 🤣

Edited: Updates & Grammatical Errors

Quiz: Name That Cloud

Here are my results!

I’ve never studied weather in any class, or anywhere. Anything I know about weather is sort of just an intuitive thing. I  love the organic side of it all. With that said, I think I did a great job for someone who has little factual knowledge about weather. Go me! 

Edit: And yes, Weather Channel Gods — If I don’t get the window seat, I’ll throw a tantrum. You got me, there. 🤣

“Lots going on in the tropics” but it’s pourrrring and it’s borrrring. If I lived in LA and you were to ask me the same thing, the answer would be so polarized. I hope those people stay alert.

I don’t attempt to “predict” weather outside of the bay area.

Hurricane Sally…

Reply to Florida Weather

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?