Favorite show on The Weather Channel

started by I_StrikeTwice, March 10, 2017
34 replies to this discussion

What’s your favorite show on TWC? mine is Weather Underground

Unfortunately I don’t watch any of the shows.  🙂 I prefer TWC to cover just the current weather—-and all over not just the East Coast.

When it was first launched, the focus was current conditions and they had either few programs or none at all.

Ah, ok

They covered the flooding rains in California and Oregon last month and they cover the tornadoes in the Midwest, flooding on the Mississippi river and hurricanes in U.S. so it’s not just East coast coverage.

i just finished watching the special about the tornado that hit reno,ok..my heart goes out to the family of tim samaras.he was a pioneer and the weather community owes him a great deal of thanks.#StayWeatherSavey

Weather caught on camera

Clearly live winter storm coverage or Wunderground

<p style=”text-align: center;”>I liked Prospectors</p>

Every program is a “show”, whether its AMHQ, the daytime shows (they have names too, just can’t recall them all), WUnderground, AMHQ weekend, etc. including the “reality” shows, Coast Guard, etc. All that said,  the “favorite” for education is WXGeeks on Sunday at noon.

My favorite shows are ‘Tornado Alley’, and ‘So you think you’d survive”. I also like the normal weather forecast.    🙂

I’m just VERY glad that they stopped showing “How Weather Changed History”. How many hundreds of times was that on?? I’m really tired of the Titanic sinking.

I agree. 🙂

I noticed there’s no weather coverage on weekends except in the mornings.  Otherwise, it’s reruns of those shows like “Tornado Alley”, unless there’s severe weather going on.

I still stick to my guns on how the East Coast gets the most coverage, even if the West is having storms. 🙂

Weekend afternoons on TWC are reruns, very disappointing. Very few of the shows are something I want to see more than twice. TV is usually off then. Give me the “shows” like AMHQ or Weather Underground!  🙂

Weekend afternoons on TWC are reruns, very disappointing. Very few of the shows are something I want to see more than twice. TV is usually off then. Give me the “shows” like AMHQ or Weather Underground! (from 2lookingup)

I copied and pasted the above cause when I hit reply, the post I wanted to reply to didn’t come up.  🙂

It could be cause I posted to another member also.

Anyway, I agree.  Here,  it’s late morning and the rest of the evening till maybe 4 or 6am the next day.  I don’t even want to see the shows ONCE!

I’ve caught some of Weather Underground and it doesn’t look too bad.  Maybe I’ll try watching it longer next time.

This is why I miss Weatherscan.  It was 24/7 local weather, including forecasts for the beach or boating.  It also included a pollen forecast which I find useful.  🙂

AMHQ WEEKEND AND WEATHER UNDERGROUND.

The last couple of weeks I taped a couple of episodes of Weather Underground since it’s so popular.  It’s 2 hours, with many commercials, so I wasn’t going to sit & watch it, LOL.

The first one was a “special edition” since Trump left the Paris climate change accord.  So I fast forwarded through all that.

Second one had mostly weather forecasts, with just 2 questions from fans.  One was a forecast question, and the other was about weather terminology, but it literally didn’t get answered till the last MINUTE of the show! 🙁

Third time is the charm….I’m trying again.  I was looking forward to weather questions from fans, and the answers to them.  I hope to see way more of them in this next episode.  🙂

Sat. p.m. we were under a severe thunderstorm warning, turned on TWC… reality show- NO radar! SO VERY FRUSTRATING! (sorry for yelling)

I agree with you. Why no weather on Sat or Sun except till noon I think. They are having severe weather in LA TX and a few more. And they have a program They should be reporting live on those storms. As for the East Coast yes I am not far from TWC and here in ATL we get sever weather also but they hardly talk about it We are suspose to get the storms tonite and no weather channel.  Bring back the old weather channel

Live weather is my favorite. For taped shows Tornado Alley is good.

I like weather underground. I greatly dislike the reality tv shows.

I don’t like those weather reality shows either, nor reality TV at all for that matter.

🙁

weather underground loses its luster when there’s no tumultuous weather to discuss.  It’s the storm chasers that are the main attraction. And at times, it’s reduced to a hoot when AW digresses.

@KittyKat, my favorite show on TWC is Weather Geeks hosted Dr. Marshall “Super Bald” Shepherd that airs every Sunday morning.  The show airs just before my lunch break and features fabulous topics and guests.  #wxshowsonTWC 😀

I agree there should be more weather on weekends. They show the same dang show for hours! It’s AMHQ morning and Weekend Recharge (two great shows even though I don’t watch much of AMHQ since I am in the Central Time Zone… I’m not up at 4am!) and then reruns of the same dang show unless there is a major storm to cover. I get that TWC wants viewers to be attracted to weather shows to get publicity but a lot of the shows aren’t about weather!

I have watched a little of So Think You Can Survive, Tornado Alley, and Weather Caught on Camera. I like Tornado Alley and So You Think You Can Survive, Weather Caught on Camera is OK. I don’t find Highway Through Hell or Why Planes Crash interesting. I’m disappointed they got rid of Storm Stories!

They should have at least a 2-3 hour slot in the afternoons on weekends for strictly Weather coverage and then have a designated slot for shows but not reruns of the same thing! Also, it would be nice if they can have an hour slot in the evenings for strictly weather daily in addition to WUTV which has gained a lot of popularity. They used to have a 9pm Central show and a midnight Central show. It would be nice if they still did that.

I don’t get how they can attract viewers, with all the reruns they show. If die-hard weather fans aren’t watching.. who will?

Exactly!

I agree!  I don’t know why they think there’s “no weather” going on on weekends, LOL.  Like time freezes or pauses until Monday morning, LOL.  And for those of us on the West Coast, morning comes much later than the East Coast.  🙂

Not only weekends, after 7pm (my time) forget it, reruns of reruns of reruns that were shown on weekend reruns… (how do you make a crying faced emoji?)

Does this show up?

😢

There’s your crying emoji.  🙂

Perfect!  But, how..?

I had to copy and paste that emoji from an e-mail message! 🙂

I wish they had an emoji collection on here; I know it was one of the suggestions for the site.  It could be added to the formatting tool bar above.

• I love Strangest WX on Earth!

That was a good show! I enjoyed it the 1st time, a few the second time, hardly any the 3rd time, 4th to 30th, oh no.

Prospectors!! Love that show. Was bummed when they didn’t have a new season this past fall!!!

Weather Underground has been my favorite ever since they started it back in like 2013! I love how they act so personable during the whole thing! I also LOVE how they get the community involved! I think that’s an important aspect in weather, especially when it comes to weather education! Everyone deals with it, so everyone should have at least a small understanding about it, and Weather Underground does just that! It’s fantastic! Also it’s fun to get your questions answered on the show! 🙂

Reply to Favorite show on The Weather Channel

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?