Don't you DARE try to tell me it could happen to any family!

started by AmazedHuman, May 30, 2019
18 replies to this discussion

I’m so tired of hearing the reporters on the Weather Channel say idiotic things about kids being left in boiling hot cars usually to die, that it could happen to anyone. Listened to Alexandra Steele this morning give out with that garbage. No. No it can’t happen to everybody. Anyone with a working brain, or a desire not to have their kid die, will be leaving a child out in a car to boil to death.  There is NO way I’m ever going to accept the fact that happens by accident. No way. And trying to appease everyone by saying different makes you sound like fools.

What?

I don’t know either how someone could forget a child in their car.

My sister in law told me about this story. It made her so mad she turned off the weather channel and “She Loves The Weather Channel”!

Ok well maybe we should tell The Weather Channel to stop raising awareness about flood safety because can’t people just swim out of a flood? Or what about tornado safety? Can’t people just blow the tornado the other way?

Not saying don’t try to raise awareness of the danger of leaving a child in a car to boil to death. But don’t try to equate that with being caught in a flood or a tornado either. For some reason there is an epidemic of brain-dead people leaving kids in cars, or an epidemic of people finding a way to get rid of said child. I’m sorry but real people, people with working brains do NOT forget a child is in their car, or they’re so wrapped up in their own little world, usually on their cell phone, they don’t know where they are or what they’re doing. Then they are a danger to everyone around them, let alone a poor defenseless child trapped in that car with that dangerous person in the front seat. So No – No way does that happen to everybody or every family. Not to real people it doesn’t.

• @amazedhuman  I think you are in denial about it. I firmly believe that your average Joe could do this, because it is a completely human mistake. I think we need to bring awareness to this tragic issue.

When my kids were little, I was ALWAYS aware that they were in the car with me.  That doesn’t make me super human, it makes me a good parent.

I know it seems impossible for a normal-functioning parent to forget something as important as a child in their car, but there are instances where I can see it happening. If the child is quietly sleeping and the parent is under a lot of mental stress from work, bills, lack of sleep, etc., I can see how this can happen. Unfortunately, there are sick people in this world that probably did intentionally do this, but I believe the majority of these instances are accidents. It’s one of those things, like natural disasters, that we expect to happen to someone else, except when it doesn’t. While TWC often repeats itself with the same redundant videos about Julie Martin and Kelly Cass in hot cars, but at the same time, it’s a stance I agree needs to be drilled into the minds of people to avoid these tragedies.

Exactly, It would be stupid for TWC to not bring awareness to this. Nobody is perfect, everyone makes mistakes and sometimes tragedies like these happen. Some people in this thread are just so self-absorbed.

If you are so irresponsible you forget your child or pet in the car, you don’t need to be a parent. No, it can’t just happen to anyone. That is a ridiculous thing to think.

That’s what everyone thinks until it happens to them.

https://www.parents.com/baby/safety/car/youd-never-forget-your-child-in-the-car-right/

The point we’re trying to make is no one is perfect. You all say it can’t happen to anyone, but it does. Not one single human roaming the Earth is perfect. There are no perfect parents. 

You NEVER used to hear about this happening.  What’s different now?  Maybe that’s what needs to be addressed.  There are too many distractions in today’s world.  How often do you see the driver next to you texting or talking on their cell phone.  Is this really necessary?

The article I posted says that this has become a more recent issue as it was common to place children in the front passenger seats of a car, where it’s pretty hard to not see your child. Now, it’s common to place your children in the back seat. It’s a thing that’s changed in the past 2-3 decades. I agree, adults now live very chaotic and distracting lives, but that’s what it’s become. TWC is just doing their part.

It really doesn’t matter to me how many people inured to common sense these days and willing to accept any sort of irresponsible behavior cares to bend common sense. People simply do NOT forget they have their child in the car with them. If there are any capable of that much brainless activity then they should not only not be driving a car, but shouldn’t be a parent in the first place. They probably aren’t even capable of successfully tending to a pet let alone a child. These day of politically correct nonsense where any and everything is supposed to be permissible, it only weeds out the people with working brains and those unable to use theirs. No. No real parent is going to be so flustered by life, so distracted by what ever is going on in their chaotic little lives to forget their child. A child is the most important thing in that person’s life. To pretend they can forget it is as impossible as saying they can forget to breath. And you can convolute reality as much as you like, it won’t change things.

No – no nerve hit with me beyond the astonishment that people like you are willing to accept the fact that there are so many brainless parents out there able and willing to allow one of their children to be boiled alive left in a car. Are you nuts? And no…nothing could or would happen to me or mine like that because – here’s a news flash for you – my family, like most, is composed of intelligent humans.

It’s rarely premeditated.  Many parents  are under duress.  This lends to forgetfulness

Reply to Don't you DARE try to tell me it could happen to any family!

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?