Coolest Video I've ever shot: INSANE Super-Slow Mo Anvil Crawler Lightning

started by StormChaser31, July 24, 2017
15 replies to this discussion

Hello everyone!
    Thought you guys may enjoy this video that I shot.

Shot at 240fps and slowed down to 10% speed. You can see the lightning weave through the clouds.

That was an Oh Wow!

wow.

• That was amazing. I have never realized how much lightning was produce on one bolt.

That was amazing.  Thanks for sharing.

• Expert Member

Amazing video! I especially loved the branches of intra-cloud lightning originating from the main bolt near the beginning of the video! Really great, and please be safe out there!!

Dr. @twcerikanavarro, it looks like this video of anvil crawler lightning produces the two main types of #lightning: cloud-to-ground and cloud-to-air.  We can visualize several “forks” produced the primary lightning strike.  It is fascinating but scary to watch either on video or in real time.  When lightning strikes, go indoors immediately.  Stay safe, and wait at least thirty minutes after the last lightning strike before going outside.  #3030rule 😀

Thank you so much Erika! Will do.

That’s awesome! The lightning branches make the lightning look like spider webs!

@brohde1 and @stormeagle, in case you were curious, lightning travels at a dexterous rate of 186,000 miles per second.  That is like Superman speed.  #lightningDYK ⚡️⏰

Very cool indeed. Thank you for sharing this!

Thank you all so much! Very glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you for sharing that was beautiful

@stormeagle, you are welcome!  By the way, do you have any plans to give yourself unicorn hair?  If so, then can you please do it appropriately?  Moreover, may I please see the finished product?  Thanks!  #DIYhairdye 😀

W O W !  I was mezmerized ! Ive always loved lightening. I could watch it for hours. And the thunder gives me goosebumps!  I think HE does fabulous work. Always a great show. Thank you for sharing. It was awesome!

Thank you so much! Happy to share, I enjoyed the show myself.

Reply to Coolest Video I've ever shot: INSANE Super-Slow Mo Anvil Crawler Lightning

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?