Bring Back The Severe Weather Coverage Quality You Had In 2014

started by jasonhacker77, December 19, 2016
5 replies to this discussion

In 2014-Early 2015 You Had The Following, TWC TORNADO TRACK TEAM, 2 EXPERTS INTERPRETING RADAR,JIM CANTORE AT THE SPC WITH TORNADO UPDATES, 5 REPORTERS PER EVERY WEATHER CENTER LIVE BLOCK,JIM CANTORE GOING BEHIND THE SCENES IN SEVERE STORM CENTRAL AND TALKING WITH PRODUCERS ABOUT STORM DAMAGE, STORM ALERT GRAPHICS (RED LOGO AND GRAPHIC TEMPLATE VERY HELPFUL IN GETTING PEOPLES INTEREST IN SEVERE WEATHER, ALSO TORNADO CENTRAL & SEVERE STORM CENTRAL HOSTED BY PRODUCER SARAH DILLINGHAM, JIM CANTORE, DR. GREG FORBES, AND 2 BROADCAST METEOROLOGISTS FOR THE INTROS,(USUALLY 9PM-12AM DURING !ALL! SEVERE WEATHER EVENTS) BY FAR THE MOST LIFE SAVING COVERAGE!!!!!!! 

I agree that they need to return to the type of severe weather coverage they used to have, but just calm down about it. TWC’s meteorologists, camera crew, network engineers, and management all have a lot on their plate right now, since we’re in the middle of a winter season that’s had a lot of major winter storms (obviously, that’s what is keeping the meteorologists and camera crew busy), the switch and retirement of every STAR unit older than the IntelliStar 1 just finished not that long ago (main issue for the engineers right now, as you could imagine), and Verizon FiOS dropped both TWC and Weatherscan last year and TWC has just finally given up on negotiating with Verizon, since they won’t even consider their offer when they offered to give them the carriage rights at a lower price than what Verizon was paying under the terms of their most recent contract (all of that’s a huge pain for both the engineers and management, since the engineers have to be ready at any time to restore Verizon’s feeds of both TWC and Weatherscan and their management has to try to negotiate with Verizon).

• Sam

I agree. When ever I am watching a servere weather covrage I really want Red Mode. It just is something to tell you that something related to servere weather is happening. And it looks cool.

• I Agree, Red Mode Was Great.

Would love to see the Red Mode return and be updated to cover the latest new items.

Red Mode Should Make A Return As Fans Have Social Media Accounts For Demanding Its Return

Reply to Bring Back The Severe Weather Coverage Quality You Had In 2014

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?