Are you a Weather Geek? If so comment below!

started by Multiverse172, March 27, 2017
14 replies to this discussion

I very much am! I get excited to see lightning, strong winds, hail, and tornadoes!

• I’m a weather nerd! I live in Nevada but where I live is not dry and desert like you’d expect. I live in a town called Reno where the temperatures are normally mild and cool. We get a lot of snow during the winter and we get hot temperatures during the summer with monsoons which bring us a nice cool break from the hot temperatures. The monsoons almost always cause flash flooding, lightning, strong wind, and hail. Microbursts happen here every now and then causing very strong gusts often causing tree damage. Tornadoes are rare here although they have happened. During the Fall, our temperatures are usually warm during the day and cold at night.

Cool! It’s nice to know there are people out there that are interested in weather like I am. Tornadoes in Nevada, never knew about that. Although it is the same here in California that Tornadoes are rare and people think they don’t happen even tho I tell them I have seen one! Small EF2 Rating! Nice talkin to ya!

• Yes, the most recent tornado we have had was in May of 2015. An EF1 tornado touched down several miles south of my town causing damage to several buildings. Fortunately there were no injures. The tornado hit a few small houses and a motel.

• Oh yeah! I’ve been one since i was a little kid. I always get hyped about the weather. My family thinks i am a bit silly. But i don’t care!

Yup! Since I was 5 I have been excited over the weather!

@historynerd247, as long as you love talking about the weather and be yourself, that is what counts the most.  #nothingwrongwithbeingaweathergeek 😀

• I have always been interested in the weather since I was a young girl (I am 67 now) I truly love the weather.  I have a small weather station in my back yard, several other little gadgets that I use when it gets windy or stormy.  All the neighbors has my website in underground weather so they can check their weather.

@lynncancersurvivor, I wish that all neighborhoods had weather stations in their own backyards regardless of how small or large they are.  #stayingwxready 😉 By the way, congratulations on beating whatever type of cancer you had.

I only scored a 6 :(.   That’s sad,, still love the weather, so interesting!  Just not a geek I guess :-/ .

Well you are still excepted! No worries!

@KarenELee, as long as you learn something everyday on The Weather Channel, you are a weather geek in my book.  #noshameinthat 😉

Heck yeah!  The Weather Channel sparked my passion for weather.  Moreover, I have watched TWC since the very beginning.  Furthermore, I have been studying weather since I was three years old.  I love asking people questions about weather, giving the forecast, mentoring people how to be safe and ready when inclement weather happens, providing frequent weather updates, and tracking severe weather.  In a nutshell, I am a colossal weather nerd.  #wxgeekforlife 😀

• A lifelong weather geek here. 🙂 I don’t own a personal weather station, but I nonetheless enjoy all aspects of the weather, both where I live (northwest OH) and everywhere else. The primary way that I document the weather is with my camera, as the greatest joy in my personal weather watching comes in simply getting out in the midst of it all. I do some storm chasing, and I am a certified SKYWARN storm spotter.

• Yeah my  facination with weather started  when the dericho hit me back in 2012 ever since then I became a weather geek.

Reply to Are you a Weather Geek? If so comment below!

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?