Another earthquake in Southern California

started by MicheleW, July 6, 2019
4 replies to this discussion

I felt it in the tri-state area south of Las Vegas, Bullhead City, Arizona.

This one seemed worse than yesterday’s.

Wondering why there aren’t any reports on it on the Weather Channel. Happened a little less than an hour ago.

I didn’t feel it here in Phoenix; I was actually taking a nap. Also yesterday’s quake was one I slept through. The one on Easter 2010? I slept through that too! It seems like I know when an earthquake will strike when I sleep.

Even worse, I’m going to SoCal in two weeks and I’m worried another big earthquake will strike. I don’t remember feeling any earthquakes at all.

This was the first time I ever felt one, and it was miles away from the center. I’d be a bit nervous heading to SoCal if I were in your shoes. Even though it was just a mild shaking of the house, it was scary and I was trying to remember all the tips from the various Weather Channel shows.

Living in a mobile home, I elected to run outside. Since it never did more than just shake and roll, it probably wasn’t necessary.

I think the second one at least (July 5th) was felt as far away as Mexicali, MEXICO and Sacramento!  That’s really far away…

Maybe because it was so deep, 5 miles or so?

I turned on KNX 1070 AM.  They started talking about it RIGHT away.  TWC is the last source I’d think of to find out what’s going on.

Reply to Another earthquake in Southern California

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?