Annoying TV Ad

started by blascwil, November 10, 2017
8 replies to this discussion

I never thought I would be annoyed by any Weather Channel TV ad, until now. The current ad for “Weather Gone Viral” is annoying. The way the audio was put together just irritates me. Maybe others don’t mind it, but I have to mute the TV every time it plays…and it plays EVERY time they go to a commercial break. Needless to say, I don’t watch the Weather Channel as much as I used to. To everyone—thanks for your time.

The best way to describe this ad is that it’s aimed at the youthful.  I don’t particularly care for the sound effects.  But I’m an adult.

@manowx, I would like TWC-style sound effects for $800, Alex.  #twcjeopardy 😀

I mute the TV on  ALL ads on any channel!  They aren’t entertaining like they used to be when I was kid.  And they were shorter back then.  Now breaks during a show is at least 5-6 minutes.  It used to be just 2.

I fast forward through them when I watch the DVR.  Even a VCR let you do that.  🙂

@kittykat, I would like TWC advertisements that are funny for $1000, Alex.  #wxjeopardy 😀

• I think ads are absolutely RAMBUNCTIOUS! But I kinda like the ad for weather gone viral. But, like all ads, REPITION DRIVES ME NUTS!

Put #samehere if you agree.

Put #notquite if you don’t.

• Verified Member

For those of you who don’t like the commercial, it’ll stop running in a week and a half.

For those of you who like the commercial, now’s the time to DVR it 🙂

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.  We tried something different for the promos to grab the attention of the people who love viral videos.  Whether or not you liked the commercials, we hope you loved the show!

@brandon_uffner, I would like advertisements for shows on The Weather Channel for $1200, Alex.  #wxjeopardy 😀

Reply to Annoying TV Ad

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?