A Very Wet Sunday Morning For Mid Michigan

started by CathieU, August 2, 2020
2 replies to this discussion

The rain began late last night and has continued since then.  There was 0.87″ at 8 AM in my gauge, and since then, we have received an additional 0.35″.  We may hit 2 inches yet by the time it’s done.  Radar is showing the end approaching us and I hope it happens soon.  My dog has refused to go out for her morning “business”, so she’s past due.  A flash flood watch remains in effect until 2 PM.

Our 10:30 AM temperature is 64°F (18°C), the humidity is 99%, and skies are overcast with light rain.  Winds are from the WNW at 4-9 mph and visibility is 3 miles.  The dew point is 64°F (18°C), and the pressure is 29.70 in (1005.8 mb) and rising.  Yesterday’s high was 77°F (25°C) and the overnight low was 64°F (18°C).  Average temps for this date are 83°F/ 59°F.

DURAND / OWOSSO FORECAST:

Today:  Showers and possible thunderstorms throughout the day, mainly through early afternoon.  Some could produce heavy rain.  High 72°F.  Winds NW at 11-14 mph.  Chance of rain 100%.  New rainfall amounts between a quarter to half an inch possible.

Tonight:  Showers and a possible thunderstorm continuing.  Becoming mostly cloudy late.  Low 62°F.  Winds SE at 6 mph.  New rainfall amounts of less than 10th of an inch.

Monday:  Showers and thunderstorms likely.  Otherwise, mostly cloudy.  High 74°F.  Winds SE at 3-7 mph.  Chance of rain 70%.  New rainfall amounts between quarter to half an inch possible.

Monday Night:  Showers and thunderstorms continuing.  Low 57°F.    Winds N at 7-10 mph.  Chance of rain 60%.  New rain amounts between tenth to quarter of an inch possible.

I used to live in Durand I live in Tawas now. My weather station says.94 here. been raining most of the day but we needed it. I seen 72 on the thermo a little bit ago but been mostly mid 60’s

Reply to A Very Wet Sunday Morning For Mid Michigan

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?