9/11 Remembrance: 17 Years Later

started by AndyMoserWX, September 11, 2018
2 replies to this discussion

Dr. @twcerikanavarro, @kcass, @alexwilson, @dewpointdiva, @liana-brackett, and @haleybrennan, today is a special day of remembrance in our hearts.  How was the weather where you were on September 11, 2001?

I cannot believe that today marks seventeen years since the terror attacks of September 11, 2001.  Every September 11, my heart breaks and I cry lamentably.  Where was I when the world stopped turning on that September day?  #darkdayinmylife 💔🙏

I remember impeccably coming into school as an eighth-grader at Woodward Middle School.  There was an assembly during my homebased period that I could not attend.  Before my first period began on that Tuesday morning, the terror attacks occurred.

I struggled to hold back my tears, to stay serenely, and to learn academically.  The terror attacks were too much for me to discuss; thus, I had to leave school early on that day.  In my four years of high school that followed, I could not make it through the school day without crying nonstop.  Therefore, I left the campus after lunch for the rest of the day.  #toomuchformetohandle 😰

In the aftermath of the terror attacks, I saw us Americans unite.  We donated blood.  We assisted in the recovery efforts.  We held fundraisers for victims, their families, and first responders.  We shared both hugs and tears with strangers.  We gave all until there was no more to give.  #AmericaUnitedAsOne 🇺🇸#️⃣1️⃣

The terror attacks of September 11, 2001, demonstrated our perseverance, our tenacity, and our fortitude.  Nevertheless, our country rallied together.

We turned catastrophe into chivalry.  We turned the malice into generosity.  We turned desolation into solace.  We created the American Standard on that September day.  #AmericaStoodTall

Let us remember those we lost, those who survived, and those who changed forever.  Let us rekindle that patriotic unity of chivalry.  Let us never forget September 11, 2001, per we are alive.  Thank you.  #911remembrance

P.S. Here is the link to “Where Were You (When The World Stopped Turning)” by Alan Jackson.  Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr8VwYLcxGod

I so wish we could go back to those days where people were your neighbors and friends. There weren’t political parties, just America. People were close back then.

I agree…I remember for about a month after the attacks, there was a lot of solidarity and kindness towards people in general.

That didn’t last.  🙁

Reply to 9/11 Remembrance: 17 Years Later

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?